Remember the Arabesque? Well, I just knew I wasn’t going to leave it the way it was. Not after I spent so much time on it. I just couldn’t face unpicking it straight away though so I let it lie awhile. Anyway, on Thursday I took it to sit and sew and sat and un-sewed.
It took me a good two and a half hours to unpick that binding. Then I pinned it carefully and added some more quilting around the outer arabesque and then quilted a 1/4″ or so in from the sewing the line.
I have undone the binding where I attached the two bits incorrectly and now I just need to cut some of the fabric to see if I can get a match then I will be ready to re-bind. I’m not sure if I’ll do it by machine or hand. I guess it will depend on how I feel on the day. Wish me luck!