, , , , , , ,

I can’t tell you how thrilled I am at the way the meditation mat is turning out.

I decided to layer just the batting and the top and then quilt it.

I used several of my Sulky Blendables to do some “utilitarian” quilting stitches. I’ve finished quilting it and I’ve added a back to make it into a sort of pillowcase so that I can add some filling to make the mat.

I’ve also added a flap which I have yet to stitch down, but I hope to do that today and to fill it. Anyway here it is so far. Click on the photo to see a larger image with more detail.

Yesterday I bought some black upholstery nails and fixed the fabric to the meditation stool. I think it looks quite nice now. I plan to do some similar stitching on the seat to match that on the mat.

Hopefully I’ll be able to show you the finished articles tomorrow.