At last! I’ve finished the prayer quilt – hand appliqued, machine quilted and hand embellished. I put the binding on today and I’m really happy with it. So is the recipient which is probably more important. If you click on the image you’ll get a larger one that’s easier to see the detail.
Normally I end up getting tied up with the binding, flinging it over my shoulder as I work my way round the quilt. Today I rolled it up and stuck a pin in the part of the roll that wasn’t being used. Then, when I needed to unroll some I removed the pin and replaced it when I had the required length. It worked really well and I wondered why I hadn’t thought of it before.